|Along with displaying your character's Gender and
Species, the Profile page allows you to customize ComNet and make
personal amendments to your own character profile. The following
features are available to you:
1) Options: This portion of the profile allows you to
customize ComNet's color (Original, Imperial Blue/Red/Green) and how
many topics you want displayed after a set date. Example: Show Topics
from the last 30 days
2) Avatar: The Avatar is the picture that is displayed when
you post on ComNet. The picture you choose can be anything you wish;
however, there are restrictions: no adult material (pornographic
material)/swearing, and no pictures of Jedi/Sith if your intent is to
display how your character looks like (members from our Dark Jedi Order
are allowed to have such pictures).
You may choose your own picture or select a pre-made avatar from our
various templates. Should you choose to create your own avatar, be sure
that the picture is within the 100x120 pixel dimensions, and that the
file type is either JPG or GIF.
3) Domain Cookies: "You have the option of setting a cookie so you don't have to keep logging back into the member pages. In order to remove this cookie, you will either need to logout or update your preferences... If your cookie setting is turned on while you log out, you will continue to retain your cookie settings after logging back into the site."
Basically, by having cookies turned on, you do not need to re-enter
passwords, Callsigns, etc.
4) Security Level: There are four security levels: None, Low,
"You have the option of changing the security level on your account. Only change this value if you are having trouble with logging out when you have cookies turned on. Use the highest security level that works best for you. The lower you go on your security level, the more chances you have of your account being compromised."
Personally, I have mine set on Low because I had problems with
staying logged on. Depending on your computer's firewalls or which
browser you use, you may adjust the security level to your discretion
5) Signature Preview: This displays what your signature will
look like on your posts when you reply/create topics on ComNet.
6) Signature: Signatures are used for various things. Some
people add quotes for their own personal enjoyment, but all members put
their ID Lines here to display on ComNet. Your signature is limited to
10 lines max.